Following the sad loss of Mrs Heather Durling, her husband of 60 years W Bro John Durling, PProvSGW from Meridian Lodge 9003, appealed for funds to provide two Touch Screen Television Sets for the Feldon Ward Stroke Unit at the Rehabilitation Hospital at Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. This was the ward where Mrs Durling received treatment.
Several Masonic units worked together to make this possible:
- Warwickshire Masonic Charitable Association
- Provincial Grand Priory of Warwickshire
- Warwickshire Provincial Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masters
- Meridian Lodge No 9003 (50% of total)
- KT Preceptory of Light No 689
- KT St. Alphege Preceptory No 529
- KT Temple Balsall Preceptory No 340
- Silhill Mark Master Masons Lodge No 972
- Silhill Lodge of Royal Ark Mariners No 972
- Priors Chapter No 8265
- Various individuals
A wonderful example of how different Masonic units can work together for a common cause.
A total of £2735 was raised for the Feldon Ward.
This photograph shows one of the cheques from Meridian Lodge being delivered, with one of the units purchased.
W Bro John says - I am still finding it difficult to express my thanks and appreciation for all the donations raised to fund the purchase of these much needed enhancements on the ward. My wife would have been extremely proud of the help given to the ward.
Pictured above are staff from the ward with members of Meridian Lodge – W Bro John Durling in the centre, with W Bro Andrew Warwick (Right) and W Bro David Leask (Left).